This is an individual assignment worth 15% of the overall course grade
In this assignment, you’ll identify the overall user flows for your site, set up an initial backlog, and create a content map to highlight the assets you will want to gather in support of your design. Prioritize your backlog and highlight the minimal set of functionality that would be of value to your client for a hypothetical first release.
Set up a Trello board for your course project.
Site Flows (50 points)
Start with your personas and refer to your vision statement. Consider the following:
- What are the primary activities your users are performing on the site?
- What are the steps your users are taking to complete those actions?
Backlog & Roadmap (35 points)
- From your user flows, create a backlog of capabilities. Frame your capabilities in active voice.
- Prioritize your backlog and organize into a product roadmap. In the roadmap, highlight the minimal set of functionality that would be of value to your client for a hypothetical first release.
Content Map (15 points)
Use a mind mapping tool determine the type of content and assets needed to support your backlog (text, images, video, audio, graphics, etc.)
There is no specified number of flows that you need to provide, but should contain a meaningful amount of detail that represents your overall site concept. Make sure that your roadmap is aligned to your product vision and personas. If you’ve made changes in the assumptions, the vision and personas should be updated and resubmitted with this assignment.
Presenting Your Work
Submit a Powerpoint file with the following documentation:
- Product vision & personas from Assignment 2
- User flows with step detail
- Link to Trello board with backlog detail
- A mind-map with your content strategy
- A product roadmap than organizes the backlog items by priority